Remote access & VPN
For copyright reasons, most electronic resources (databases and journals) can only be consulted within the internal computer network of Ghent University: UGentNet.
In the UGhent library catalogue these resources are indicated with "UGent only". You don't have to be on campus to be able to access these resources.
Off-campus access via Athena
- Log in to Athena with your UGent credentials.
- First time using Athena? You need to install the Citrix client.
- Use one of the included internet browsers.
- Access the catalogue / database / journal / ... via that browser.
- You will have the same access level as inside the library or in your office. If you want to know more, consult DICT Helpdesk.
Attention! Some resources are only available for certain campuses. This is indicated in the catalogue.
Alternatively, you could set up a VPN connection, which is a very complete tool for internet security.
- VPN requires the installation of a dedicated piece of software on your PC. It might also necessitate a change of password. Both preliminary steps need to be conducted from within the UGentNet.
- Known issues are explained at the VPN Error messages.
- If you have firewall or antivirus software installed, it's possible that it has not been configured to cooperate well with VPN. In that case, you'll get an error message even before the verification of your log-in and password. Turn off the firewall/antivirus and try setting up the VPN connection without. After that, you can adjust the firewall/antivirus settings.
- Software that relies heavily on internet connections, such as Skype, can be impacted when using a VPN connection. Consider quitting this type of application before establishing a VPN connection.
Not sure you're connected to the UGentNet? There are two ways to find out:
Last modified Feb. 20, 2024, 11:51 a.m.